The OtakuDance is a dance featuring local djs from the central PA, NY, MD, VA, and DC areas. Saturday night the DJs spin everything from remixed pop songs to drum and bass, anime remixes, and everything in between. The OtakuDance occurs from around 9:00 PM to 1:30AM (times will be finalized closer to the event). If you like loud music, a great crowd, and dancing all night, then this is where you want to be!
General Information & House Rules
- Dance is in the Marquis, on the M2 level
- No bags (of any size) will be allowed in the hall during dance hours
- No large costume props allowed
- Bag check will be provided
- Must have a valid Otakon badge to enter dance
- No bottles will be allowed into the dance.
- No commercial grade photography or videographer equipment.
- Location: Marriott Marquis, on the M2 level
- Approximate Time: Saturday night 9:00 PM until 1:30 AM
- Bag/Coat check: Opens at 8:00PM. There is a bag check available for a charge at the door. You must check your bag or you will not be admitted.
- Otakon Staff will not hold, watch or in any way assume responsibility for member bags left out side, beside, or near entrance to Dance.
- Check your coat at your own risk. The Marriott and Otakon CANNOT be held responsible for items checked.
- Must retain ticket to claim items checked
Note. This policy is to ensure member safety and prevent sale or distribution of prohibited substances.
Additional Rules for OtakuDance
- Must display badge at all times within the dance.
- No glow sticks on strings (to avoid potential injury)
- No excessive public displays of affection
- If you are under the influence of ANY substances, you will be asked to leave.
- No fighting.
- Hula hoops can only be used provided space is available, and may or may not be permitted into the event.
- R.O.A.R. --> Right of absolute refusal