Welcome to the Otakon Cosplay Coordination (OCC) information page!
Otakon wants to ensure that members have the best chance to express themselves and have the best time all around. The Otakon Cosplay Coordination department is back to help facilitate and promote cosplay photoshoots at 4 locations at the WEWCC.
In the past, there have been many unofficial photoshoots, which has led to the occasional conflict of time and/or location. With OCC helping the cosplay community at Otakon, we will be able to resolve problems that may occur.
- Photoshoot 1 - Main entrance stair location (1st floor)
- Photoshoot 2 - Hall E entrance location (2nd floor)
- Photoshoot 3 - Southwest Corner location across form Main Events (3rd Floor)
- Photoshoot 4 - Location across from Hall B (Lower Level)
Benefits of Otakon Cosplay Coordination
- Guarantees a place and time for both cosplayers participating in and members watching the photoshoots.
- Prevents conflicting photoshoots in the same location at the same time.
- Support from Otakon Staff including logistics and crowd control (Makes the con fun, safe and more awesome).
OCC Basic Photoshoot Guidelines
- Have Fun! (Everyone is here to have a good time, so please respect those around you.)
- Photoshoots will be scheduled 75 minute blocks with 15 minutes to wrap up before the next shoot begins.
- We will be updating the preliminary schedule at least once a day as requests come in.
- Scheduling conflicts due to the main programming schedule: There is no guarantee that we will be able to switch you with another photoshoot but we will make the best effort at coordinating any time switches before con.
- All gatherings, both official and unofficial, must abide by all Otakon Rules and Policies. To review them, you can find them here.
- There is a limit of 3 photoshoots of any fandom for the duration of Otakon.
- OCC will only be coordinating photoshoots at the 4 locations listed below. All other locations for photoshoots, including those outside of the WEWCC, will be coordinated by the cosplay community and not included on the schedule or coordinated by Otakon. We cannot be held responsible for conflicts that occur with photoshoots coordinated outside the purview of OCC.
- Otakon and its staff are not in charge of watching your belongings, so please keep an eye on them during shoots or have a friend watch them!
- HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND IS NOT TOLERATED! Cosplay ≠ Consent
- Any perceived harassment will be dealt with according to stated policies found here under Disruptive and Behavior. Be courteous to those around.
- The weapons and props policy applies to the photoshoots as well, so please keep that in mind.
- All photoshoots must follow Otakon Policies, WEWCC policies, and Staff Member Instructions.
As we get closer to con more information may be posted regarding photoshoots. Once posted, updates will be pushed via social media. We look forward to working with the cosplay community!
Cosplay Coordination Sign Ups
If you have general questions concerning the photoshoots, please feel free to email any questions to the Otakon Cosplay Coordination Department Heads at (department email) or help desk. Otakon also has a member of the community that will be helping with communication and coordination with the Cosplay community. The Cosplay Community Ambassador is the representative that consults any information if a coordinator or member does not feel appeased with speaking to the staff members. They may be reached through our contacts page.