Hello, welcome to Otakon's Cosplay Coordination!
Here at Cosplay Coordination we provide space and backdrops for large, group photoshoots. The photoshoots are scheduled ahead of time, and are officially supported and placed on the schedule. We are a member driven department, which means the people requesting a photoshoot will be required to run it, more on that below. Photoshoots are free for anyone to attend, take pictures, or dress up and join in the fun!
We are happy to announce we are located in the Gaming Hall (Hall D) this year! Look for us through the front doors and directly to the left.
OCC Basic Photoshoot Guidelines
- Have Fun! (Everyone is here to have a good time, so please respect those around you.)
- Photoshoots will be scheduled 60 minute blocks with 15 minutes to wrap up before the next shoot begins.
- Provisions can be made for larger shoots to have a 2 hour block, at the Coordinators request. Subject to approval.
- We will be updating the preliminary schedule at least once a day as requests come in.
- Scheduling conflicts due to the main programming schedule: There is no guarantee that we will be able to switch you with another photoshoot but we will make the best effort at coordinating any time switches before con.
- All gatherings, both official and unofficial, must abide by all Otakon Rules and Policies. To review them, you can find them here.
- There is a limit of 3 photoshoots of any fandom for the duration of Otakon.
- OCC staff DOES NOT run photoshoots. We secure the space, take photos, and maintain the equipment. A coordinator for each shoot must be on site in order for shoots to run at their scheduled times. Please be sure you have someone listed on the form (with contact info) who can be on site to coordinate your shoot. Shoots without a coordinator on site will be cancelled.
- All other locations for photoshoots, including those outside of the WEWCC, will be coordinated by the cosplay community and not included on the schedule or coordinated by Otakon. We cannot be held responsible for conflicts that occur with photoshoots coordinated outside the purview of OCC.
- Otakon and its staff are not in charge of watching your belongings, so please keep an eye on them during shoots or have a friend watch them!
- HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND IS NOT TOLERATED! Cosplay ≠ Consent
- Any perceived harassment will be dealt with according to stated policies found here under Disruptive and Behavior. Be courteous to those around.
- The weapons and props policy applies to the photoshoots as well, so please keep that in mind.
- All photoshoots must follow Otakon Policies, WEWCC policies, and Staff Member Instructions.
As we get closer to con more information may be posted regarding photoshoots. Once posted, updates will be pushed via facebook and twitter. We look forward to working with the cosplay community!
Cosplay Coordination Sign Ups
Open: May 19, 2023, 6 a.m. - June 16, 2023, 1 p.m.
Cosplay Coordination Sign Ups
If you have general questions concerning the photoshoots, please feel free to email any questions to the Otakon Cosplay Coordination Department Heads at firstname.lastname@example.org or help desk. Otakon also has a member of the community that will be helping with communication and coordination with the Cosplay community. The Cosplay Community Ambassador is the representative that consults any information if a coordinator or member does not feel appeased with speaking to the staff members. They may be reached through our contacts page.